The digital landscape has become a space for many businesses to advertise at a fraction of what they usually pay for traditional marketing methods. The more present you are on search results, the more customers can see your business. However, the same can be said for your competitors.
In this digital age, SEO is no longer an option—it’s a necessity to even the playing field as brands reinforce their online visibility. This is where SEO comes in.
SEO is the process of optimizing your website to rank organically on search results using keywords, quality content, and link building. Your website is central to your SEO strategy.
Like most businesses out there, you’re likely wondering about whether SEO is fit for your marketing strategy. As your digital advocates, New Age Digital is here to explain to you the value of this discipline and the many benefits it can bring you.
Here are the common questions about SEO:
What strategies are involved in SEO?
SEO is a culmination of multiple activities to improve the rankings of your webpages. This involves the following:
- Keyword research – What terms do you want to be relevant for when customers search for your business online? Keyword research helps you with this. Keyword research provides the foundation for your SEO strategy. It allows you to identify which terms drive quality traffic to your site and spot opportunities to help your business rank better.
- On-page optimization – Any activity that happens in your website falls under on-page optimization. It involves fixing the different elements on your website to improve its performance – pagespeed, URL, headers, Meta tags, and content.
- Off-page optimization – Link building and other activities that happen outside the website falls under off-page optimization. The purpose of this is to build the credibility of your website by linking to other authoritative sites. The more quality links point back to you, the more Google will see your website as a credible source.
- Content strategy – In SEO, content is king. If your website doesn’t deliver its promise and customers end up bouncing your website during every visit, Google will likely put your website in the lower positions on search results. Great content ties together keyword research, on-page optimization, and your off-page efforts.
2. How long before I start seeing SEO results?
SEO is a long-term strategy.
If an SEO company you’ve been working with claims that they can rank your website in three weeks, run for the hills. SEO doesn’t work that way.
The impact of an SEO strategy depends on different factors. Results may manifest themselves three months after implementing your SEO strategy. More than that, it depends on the changes implemented on your website, the keywords you’re targeting, and the algorithms by Google.
If you want to see results, you need to do continuous SEO hygiene, build the right links, and optimize your website following the best SEO practices.
3. How do you determine the success of an SEO strategy?
The beauty of implementing SEO as part of your business’ marketing plan is how you can measure results. There are different SEO metrics that your digital marketing agency can present to determine how your SEO strategy is making an impact on your website. However, SEO mostly revolves around the following:
- Organic traffic
- Search rankings
Different activities can influence results. Before you start an SEO project, it’s important to have clear goals in place. This will allow your agency – us – have a better direction on how you want to move forward and determine which metrics to track.
4. I’m just starting a business. What are your recommendations for my SEO strategy?
If you have a website and want to be visible to your target audience, then what’s stopping you from doing SEO?
The earlier you start with your SEO strategy, the earlier you can get traction on the digital landscape. However, don’t expect results to happen overnight—SEO requires patience.
From the very start, it’s important that you also discuss with your agency on what you want to achieve. This makes it easier to measure everything and determine what works and what needs further refining.
If done right, SEO can take your brand from page 10 to page 1. Using the right keywords, creating quality content, and building relationships with trusted websites can help you reap the benefits of SEO.
Need help in SEO? Our team at New Age Digital is here for you. Let’s talk about how to elevate your brand with the right SEO strategy.